x

Indonesia

Education in Indonesia falls under the responsibility of the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Ministry of Religious Affairs. In Indonesia, all citizens must undertake nine years of compulsory education that consists of six years at elementary level and three in secondary level. Islamic schools are under the responsibility of the Ministry of Religious Affairs.

Schools in Indonesia are run either by the government or private sectors. Some private schools refer to themselves as "national plus schools" which means that their curriculum to exceeds requirements set by the Ministry of Education, especially with the use of English as medium of instruction or having an international-based curriculum instead of the national one.

In Indonesia there are approximately 170,000 primary schools, 40,000 junior-secondary schools and 26,000 high schools. 84 percent of these schools are under the Ministry of National Education and the remaining 16 percent under the Ministry of Religious Affairs. Private schools only comprise 7% of the total schools number.

For scholarship inquiries, partnership or donation, please contact our Indonesia representative below:

Ms. Dwiajeng Widarini
Email: dwiajeng@dahunifoundation.com

Universitas Prof. Dr. Moestopo (Beragama)
Jl. Hang Lekir I No.8, RT.1/RW.3,
Gelora, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota
Jakarta 10270,
Indonesia

Thailand

Education in Thailand is mainly provided by the Thai government through the Ministry of Education from pre-school to senior high school. A free basic education of twelve years is guaranteed by the constitution, and a minimum of nine years school attendance is mandatory.

In 2009 the Ministry of Education announced the extension of a free, mandatory education to fifteen years.

Formal education consists of at least twelve years of basic education, and higher education. Basic education is divided into six years of elementary education and six years of secondary education, the latter being further divided into three years of lower- and upper-secondary levels. Kindergarten levels of pre-elementary education, also part of the basic education level, span 2–3 years depending on the locale, and are variably provided. Non-formal education is also supported by the state. Independent schools contribute significantly to the general education infrastructure.

Administration and control of public and private universities are carried out by the Office of Higher Education Commission, a department of the Ministry of Education.

For scholarship inquiries, partnership or donation, please contact our Thailand representative below:




Ms. Philaiwan Ninphaphong
Email: pninphaphong@gmail.com
English teacher advisor
Banthaenwittaya School
Chaiyaphum province, Chaiyaphum
Thailand

or
Mr. Pan Limlek
Email: paansand@gmail.com
Strategic Adviser for Thailand

Cambodia

Education in Cambodia is controlled by the state through the Ministry of Education in a national level and by the Department of Education at the provincial level. The Constitution of Cambodia establishes that the state shall protect and upgrade citizen's rights to quality education at all levels, guaranteeing that all citizens have equal opportunity to earn a living (Article 66).

The state shall adopt an education program "according to the principle of modern pedagogy including technology and foreign languages," as well as the state controls public and private schools and classrooms at all levels (Article 67). The Cambodian education system includes pre-school, primary, general secondary, higher education and non-formal education.

The education system includes the development of sport, information technology education, research development and technical education. School enrollment has increased during the 2000s in Cambodia. USAID data shows that in 2011 primary enrollment reached 96% of the child population, lower secondary school 34% and upper secondary 21%.




For scholarship inquiries, partnership or donation, please contact our Cambodia representative below:

Mr. Roy Song Raden
Email: bunsongangkor@hotmail.com
FB: Roy Song Raden
Phone: +85570700071
Cambodia